Dr. Rakesh Patil
Dr. Rakesh Patil is highly experienced and skilled Medical Oncologist practicing at Thane.
He has completed his D.M in Oncology/Hemato oncology from Asia’s eminent civil hospital (Gujarat Cancer Research Institute), Ahmedabad, year 2017. He also has completed his M.D in Internal medicine in the year 2011 from Nair hospital, Mumbai central. He has done his MBBS from prestigious KEM hospital, Mumbai.
Dr. Rakesh Patil is an expert in Chemotherapy, Targeted Therapy, Immunotherapy and Hormonal Therapy.
Dr. Rakesh Patil possesses extensive expertise in the field of Oncology, specializing in the treatment of cancerous lesions in various parts of the human body. Additionally, he has comprehensive knowledge of Hematology, including blood diseases and blood cancers, as well as Bone Marrow Transplantation (BMT). Dr. Rakesh Patil has a solid theoretical background in Radiation Oncology and Surgical Oncology. His exceptional proficiency lies in the management of diverse cancers such as Head and Neck Cancer, Lung Cancer, Esophageal Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancers (including cancers of the stomach, intestine/colon, anal canal, liver, gall bladder, and pancreas), Genito-Urinary Cancers (including cancers of the kidney, urinary bladder, germ cell tumors, and prostate), Sarcomas (Bone and Soft Tissue Cancers), and Skin Cancers.
Furthermore, Dr. Rakesh Patil is well-versed in treating cancers that predominantly affect females, such as Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer, Ovarian Cancer, and Uterine Cancer. He demonstrates great interest and proficiency in the management of Blood Cancers like Leukemia, Lymphoma, and Myeloma, among others. He has undergone specialized training for Bone Marrow Transplantation at the Gujarat Cancer Research Institute, Civil Hospital in Ahmedabad.
Aside from his clinical work, Dr. Rakesh Patil is actively involved in mentoring, teaching, and academia, particularly nurturing the younger generation. He has contributed to the field through published articles in national journals and has also presented oral and poster presentations at national conferences.
Dr. Rakesh Patil is additionally involved as a co-investigator in an international clinical trial being conducted at the Gujarat Cancer Research Institute.
- 4th and 7th std. Maharashtra state scholarship
- 8th and 9th std Dr. Homi Bhabha silver medals
- 8th and 9th std NTSE Scholarship
- Topper of SSC Mumbai board examination (10th) scoring 95.33%. He was 3rd in Maharashtra
- Selected for KEM Hospital and Nair hospital for MBBS & MD medicine by cracking CET
- Got All India rank 21 for DM entrance exam
- Multiple distinctions and gold medals throughout medical academic Career
- Best resident award in Nair hospital
- Winner of Lung cancer quiz and Prostate cancer quiz, all India (DM oncology)
- TYSA all India quiz (DM Oncology), 4th rank